Sunday, November 20, 2011

A hell of a show

So, we saw the show yesterday, and we both laughed our heads off ... along with the rest of a very happy audience. It rocked. If you twist my arm, I guess I would have to admit that it isn't quite as good as the previous production. It's really very very good, but it's maybe not quite up there with the 1996 'version'. We both agreed on this. It looks extremely similar - they may even be using the same sets and props - and the director is, strangely, the very same, so I have no choice but to put it down mostly to the actors.

I say mostly because we also both agreed that we have become older and more blasé since 1996. ;-)

Don't get me wrong, they did a great job, both of them. But Hatlo and Joner were amazing. They're always amazing together, whatever they're doing. They just absolutely blew this show out of the water and I think that anyone who saw them in it back then will probably be just the teensiest bit ... not let down, but ... well ... slightly less impressed this time around.

But all the same it's a hysterical and fantastic production and we totally loved it. I'm thinking I want to see it again. :-) You should go too!! :-) You'll laugh till your face hurts, or you should see a doctor. :-)

No comments: