Sunday, December 11, 2011

WTF are they doing here?

'They' being, in this case, Helen Mirren and Rosario Dawson. They are hosting the Nobel concert tonight. I am of course not watching. But I really am wondering WTF these people are doing here. Same old, same old ... I ranted about this last year too, you can read that post here. And I have to specify that like last year, I have nothing against Mirren and Dawson as such. They're just so stupidly irrelevant. And it's so embarrassing that they're here ... that the whole concert and celebration is set up the way it is. Sheesh. Read my post from last year, I already said it all there. :-)

But I also want to say, and this is not repeating myself, since he just came out with this now, that I totally agree with Michael Nobel in his views on the Norwegian Nobel Committee. Geir Lundestad needs to go. Don't even get me started on Jagland ... but Lundestad, seriously? When confronted with Nobel's criticisms he actually laughed. What an arrogant prick that man is. I for one totally agree with Nobel that the Committee have exceeded their mandate to an appalling degree. I'm not sure letting the Swedes take over would make things any better, but something definitely needs to be done.

How about changing the committee from a final resting place for washed up politicians into, I don't know, a team of normally intelligent professionals with relevant backgrounds and expertise? I don't know, it's just a crazy thought I had. Crazy ...

No comments: