Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Off I go ...

So, going off to Hammerfest in about an hour now. My plane is at ten to four. Am currently stressed and nervous. :-) That's nothing special, I'm always like that when I'm traveling somewhere, it's normal. :-) One thing that strikes me: this trip coming so soon after the trip to Ireland really brings home to me how huge Norway really is. In Ireland - get this - we drove 2,275.4 kilometers in 8 days. :-o Yeah, seriously. Paz kept track. But then we covered like half the country ... I mean, we saw SO MUCH ... we zigzagged here, there and everywhere and got to see just a gadzillion wonderful things. Now I will have to travel 2,000 kilometers just to get to Elin. o_O First a two hour flight ... that's about the same time that it takes to fly to Dublin. But this time that will only get me to Alta, so then I have another two hours ahead of me in a bus. And I'm starting from Oslo, not from down south. So seriously, my fellow Norwegians, think twice before you say that you come from a tiny country. The nation is tiny, but the country's massive. :-D

I hope I'll be able to update the blog while I'm up north, but I make no promises. I'll be back on Monday. So, see you then, if not before. :-)

3 comments:

Tanumine said...

Hope you have a great trip! Take lots of pictures ;)And say hello to Elin from me :)

Elin said...

Welcome to Hamerfest! :)

KAS said...

Happy travels =)