Monday, January 9, 2012

Better or worse?

By this time tomorrow, I'll know. I can hardly wait. I'm finally going to go see The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo tomorrow night. The remake. I know, 'finally' ... it's only been out for like two and a half weeks. :-) But I wanted to see it on opening night, I've just had to put it off again and again ... it's been a very busy couple of weeks. Which of course is good in a way, but still. I've been dying to see this. I'm skeptical about it, because, well, it's a remake. Which is all Hollywood dares to do these days, and it's soo infinitely boring. The critics are raving about this one, and saying that the filmmakers have understood the novel so well ... OK, that may be so, but in all honesty, I'm not convinced. Have you seen the poster? Well, right there they're veering off from the novel. Rooney Mara is supposed to be the perfect Lisbeth, but look, she has boobs. Which Lisbeth doesn't. Of course any Hollywood heroine has to be shapely. But that means they by definition won't be able to stay true to the book ... or at least not to this character. So. I am not convinced. :-) But we'll see, we'll see ...

4 comments:

Paz said...

`my brother saw it in NY and didnt like the Hollywood version.
....however I heard no complaints about the presence of female breasts

Leisha Camden said...

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with boobs. Just that Lisbeth doesn't have them. So Noomi Rapace is a better Lisbeth than Rooney Mara, if being faithful to the book is anything to go by. Kind of glad to hear your brother didn't like it much. ;-)

Paz said...

Teasing madam, just the last time I read a leading lady hadnt the correct size chest for a film was Tomb Raider.
My Brother is a huge fan of the books and the Scandinavian film btw

Leisha Camden said...

Your brother seems a sensible fellow ;-)