Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ballet, anyone?

No, you're right, ballet is totally not my thing. I am not a ballet kind of girl. :-) But I still have a piece of ballet to share today ... I was at Oslo Book Festival all day yesterday and at one of the events I went to - this was at the Opera - they showed a part of a new ballet they will be debuting next weekend. World premiere. It's by Jo Strømgren who is one of the most famous Norwegian dancers and choreographers. Not that he has a lot of competition, but still. :-) The ballerina here is Maiko Nishino, she is the prima ballerina of the Norwegian National Ballet, so it was kind of a treat, I suppose, to get to see her dance without paying through the nose for it. I don't really get it, but even I can tell that they're really good at what they're doing.

The ballet is inspired by Antonio Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, so obviously that's where the music is from.



Fullscreen here.

No comments: