Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quote of the Week

I had to dare a little bit. Who am I kidding - I had to dare a lot. Don't wear one ring, wear five or six. People ask how I can play with all those rings, and I reply, "Very well, thank you."
Liberace

I am sad ... !! I just heard on Twitter that the Liberace Museum in Las Vegas is closing. Bwaah ... !! From October 17th I will have one less reason to visit the US. I've never been there, and I haven't particularly wanted to go, but if I ever do then I have a short list of things I want to see. I want to go to Roanoke, Virginia to meet my friend Vickie who lives there; I want to see San Francisco; I want to go to Memphis and visit Graceland; and I wanted to go to Las Vegas to see the Liberace Museum. But alas, it is not to be. I am sad. :-(

Tanumine (my best friend, previously known here as C., but now registered on Blogger.com :-) - you have been there and I envy you so much right now ... !! :-(

Yes, I am a Liberace fan. You wanna make something of it?? If you're not, it's your loss.

1 comment:

Tanumine said...

Yes, I have finally registered ;)
I'm so sorry too hear that! Alas, when I was there in 2006, the place seemed kind of not much visited. But to hear it is closing is just sad :(