Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh, how I wish ...

... that I could write down my opinions about the London riots. I have several thoughts that I could, theoretically, share with the world. But no. I'm sorry to say this ... and this is nothing personal against any Brits reading this, England is a wonderful place in many ways, and what little I have seen of Scotland is cool too, and you, my potential British reader, may well be a fine upstanding citizen. I have friends who are English, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Well, that's kind of true. There's no way I could say half of what I really think about this issue without being - not to put too fine a point on it - extremely offensive. My opinions on British society are so very very far from being politically correct that I myself balk at putting them in print. You know that's got to be a bad sign.

Augh, biting my tongue ... ! I SO want to say something. But I won't. La la la. Move it along, nothing to see here.

3 comments:

Paz said...

Watching panel discussion on British TV, ironic that the ethnic groups that have complained about Police heavy handed actions in the past, are complaining now that the Police have not acted in a heavy handed manner.
The words alienate etc have been used a lot, yet more than half the people involved were students/working or known criminals.

Paz said...

I am not rascist BTW, but they are having the wrong argument going on.

Anonymous said...

hi there,

I realize that you are trying to avoid offending people, and I get where you are coming from.

However, those of us that visit this blog, do so because we are interested in what you think.

Please do not censor your words in the name of such a hollow concept as "political correctness". These riots, and their implications, are something that should be discussed openly worldwide.