Friday, June 26, 2009

SLOVENIA 2005: Omar Naber - Stop

Time for an ESC entry! Hey, there hasn't been one for almost a month. It's about time. ;-)

Not much to say about this song ... it's just an entry I really really like from Kyiv 2005. Omar the dental technician performed for Slovenia. :-) I think the song has a fantastic melody, and of course I dig the fact that the lyrics are in Slovene. I must confess that I like it more when I just listen to it and don't actually have to see the guy in his silly outfit. But you can't have it all. :-) It's a song that I like a lot, and I could have wished much better results for it.

Because it didn't do very well - it didn't get through from the semifinal, I think it came 12th. Alas. In some very small measure my fault - as I recall, I did not vote for this entry. In 2005 I voted for Iceland in the semi (they also did not get through) and Hungary ... and maybe Romania, I'm not entirely sure. In the final I voted for Hungary and - I think - Romania. Too bad for the Slovenians, but that's how it goes.

This is Omar Nader performing his own composition Stop which he cowrote with Urša Vlašič. He competed for Slovenia in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv on Thursday, May 19th, 2005.



Lyrics with translation here.

No comments: