Monday, February 28, 2011

Books I've read in 2011 - February

Døde menn går på ski by Knut Nærum
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen – AUDIO
The Paris Enigma by Pablo De Santis
Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor
by Stephanie Barron
The Plot Against America by Philip Roth – AUDIO
Musketerenes siste bedrifter, volume one by Alexandre Dumas
Dr Jekyll og Mr Hyde av Robert Louis Stevenson – AUDIO
Close Encounters by Alina Reyes (a Phoenix paperback)
Pippa Lees hemmelige liv by Rebecca Miller – AUDIO
Tjen folket! by Yan Lianke
Affluenza by Oliver James
Famous Tortoises
Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro – AUDIO
Kafka på stranden by Haruki Murakami – AUDIO
Før jeg brenner ned by Gaute Heivoll – AUDIO
Quatrain by Sharon Shinn
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick
Doppler by Erlend Loe – AUDIO

10 printed books, 2,633 pages.
8 audiobooks, 75h 50m.

Favorite fiction:
Quatrain, I think. Shinn is one of my favorite writers and it's been a while since I'd read anything by her. This book is a collection of four kind of short novellas, each set in a different universe of hers. I loved the chance to revisit. :-)

Favorite nonfiction:
I can't choose. Seriously, I can't. I only read two nonfiction books this month and neither of them were good enough to qualify for the term 'favorite'. Pass on this one.

Favorite audio:
A lot more to choose from there! :-) I've listened to several really good audiobooks this month, it's actually hard to pick one. But I think it would have to be ... The Plot Against America. It's a type of novel I tend to like - alternative history - and it was very well executed, with a lot of interesting ideas, as well as being very well read. I recommend it.

Ooh, and look - I've read it already ... ! :-)

No comments: