Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The good, the bad, and the beyond stupid

Some people in the news recently.

Some good:

Karita Bekkemellem - Labor Party MP here in Norway, a former Cabinet member who ought to IMO never have been demoted from that position ... she wanted to and tried to do important things for her country, but her opinions were too politically incorrect and she was ousted. Which IMO was a disgrace - just as bad as what happened to the Children's Ombudsman Reidar Hjermann for the same reasons. Bekkemellem has been making waves in the media this week, saying things that people don't want to hear but which we seriously need to talk about. I'm so happy that we have her and that she's willing to stick her neck out like this. I emailed her last night to tell her as much. :-) You can too! Her email address is karita.bekkemellem@stortinget.no. Seriously. :-)

Mordechai Vanunu - no introduction needed, I hope. He has asked to have his name withdrawn as a nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize 2009, as he does not wish to be added to a list that also includes Shimon Peres, the architect of Israel's nuclear policies and also, not least, the man who ordered Vanunu's kidnapping in 1986. Seriously - respect!!! :-o

Vanunu is already an Alternative Nobel laureate; he was awarded the Right Livelihood Award in 1987.

Some bad:

Dare I say it - Bushra Ishaq, leader of the Muslim Students' Association at the University of Oslo. I am SO SICK of that woman. (I guess I must be a racist since I dislike a Pakistani person, right? >:-) Everything she says is so irrelevant and off topic and nonsensical. Was she really the best they* could come up with?? If so, then that actually explains a thing or two. >:-)

Ingunn Yssen. Saw her on TV yesterday and was reminded of just how much I dislike her. I am into reptiles, that's true, but I actually don't like snakes much ... and I've never seen a human being resemble a snake more than Yssen does. And then she starts talking. Down to people. Brrr.

The current Norwegian government, apparently. What the fuck are these people doing?? This is an election year. We have a parliamentary election coming up in seven months. What are they thinking? I don't get it.

I am seriously disappointed in my prime minister.

And finally, one absolutely beyond the pale:

Ola Melbye Pettersen - one of the big names in the increasingly useless Communist front organization SOS Racism. He wrote something in the paper yesterday. OMFG. For those who missed it, here's the link. I don't even want to get into it, I'll punch the screen in if I do. This guy must be living in an alternate reality, that's the only way I can make sense of it. o_O I hope he's proud of himself for being one of the main voices that strive to make the term racism entirely meaningless in our society today. What an utterly useless idiot.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits ...

* the Association that she represents, not immigrants in general. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Torgny said...

Hello again. I finally got around seeing the Redaksjon 1 debate after all. Your previous posting made me curious, and it turned out that NRK2 showed a rerun this afternoon.

I agree Karita made the best figure. Probably because she was the most intelligent person in the crowd.

What annoyed me the most was the fact that the Frp representative (whom I'm under an obligation to detest) wasn't the one who pissed me off the most. Yssen was an utter embarassment, sounding like a relic from the 70s.

As regards your nemesis Bushra Ishaq: Personally I mostly felt sorry for her. She reminds me of all the stupid, brainwashed super-Christians I've met through the years. It appears that brainless religious bias goes beyond one particular faith.

Leisha Camden said...

Yes, religion makes people stupid ... or is it the other way around, that stupid people are attracted to religion? ;-) Unfortunately not all religious people are idiots, as much as one might wish they were ... which makes it all the more mysterious.

What is certainly true is that religion is an intellectual crutch that cripples the mind and destroys the ability to think. Ishaq is certainly far from the only example of that.

I don't know what Yssen was doing in that debate, I thought her input was completely meaningless. A relic from the 70s is right on the money. She should check her calendar ...

I am in fact starting to pity Ishaq more and more, because she is embarrassing herself so much and she doesn't even know it ... and in this digital age it will all be kept and stored forever. All her stupid irrelevant arguments, all her stuttering and fumbling for words ... it will be around forever. Tee-hee!! :-D