Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ask not what you can do for Flickr ...

... ask what Flickr can do for you, apparently. o_O

So, I'm on Flickr now, as I posted about a while ago ... my photostream is here, if you want to take a look. 83 items and counting. I post my best pictures there ... the ones I think are best, anyway. :-) Obviously a lot of them are from Oslo. You gotta work with what you have. :-) One day a couple of weeks ago I got an email from someone on Flickr who wanted me - get this - to let them use one of my pictures in a theater programme in Leicester. I know, WTF, right? But apparently it was legit. It's some place called The Little Theatre, which was doing a production of Ibsen's Little Eyolf. This is the picture they wanted to use:

I do agree that it's pretty nice. :-) But I don't think it's all that ... I mean, honestly. I don't know that I'd include it in a theatrical programme. But to each their own, of course. I said that it was perfectly fine by me if they wanted to use it, as long as they credited me appropriately ... and if possible, it'd be great if they could send me a copy of the programme. I'm sorry, but I'm just a naturally suspicious person. Seeing is believing. The woman who was sending the emails was thrilled at my agreement and promised to send me a copy as soon as. I kind of forgot about the whole thing until I got home yesterday afternoon and checked my mailbox. Lookee!

That's the cover, and here's the inside page with my photo on it. They actually seriously used it. Weirdness!! o_O Click to enlarge if you want to take a closer look at it. My photo's the middle one on the left ... as you see. :-)

Oh, and I hit 1,000 views on my photostream yesterday. Yay. :-)

6 comments:

Fifty K said...

Sorry been so long since I have visited your blog. Took a bloggy break. That is awesome news about your pic!!! Very cool!! Congrats. Who knows, maybe this could be a new side thing for you!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is neat!

Anonymous said...

In my view this is more than just a nice photo. There is something about how you use the lines to make one search the photo, look for details.

Leisha Camden said...

Thanks for the congratulations - it's a really fun thing to have happen. :-) Certainly boosts my confidence in my ability to compose a good photo. :-)

kccat, so nice to see you!! I gathered that you've been on a break ... but next time, maybe you can post something (on your blog I mean :-) to let us know? I've been kind of wondering where you'd gotten to since it'd been so long since you'd updated your blog. Glad to hear you'd alive and kicking ... or at least running!! :-D Congrats to you too! :-D

raagraum, thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it. Your comment made me take another good look at my picture. :-)

Paz said...

congrats madam

Leisha Camden said...

thanks mister

:-)