Monday, January 3, 2011

Sad news

Pete Postlethwaite died yesterday. :-( I read it in the paper this morning. That is so sad. He was a fantastic actor. I've only seen a few of his movies ... a few as compared to how many he was in :-) ... but he was absolutely wonderful in everything I've seen. Alas, no more. And he wasn't that old either - only 64, that's younger than my father. :-(

On the other hand, my father isn't a smoker since the age of ten, as Postlethwaite supposedly was. o_O

Sad ... for all us movie lovers, for his friends and family, and first and foremost for his children. (Although I have to say that IMO it's not quite right for a 64 year old man to have a 14 year old daughter. She is way too young to be fatherless, but statistically, it's not that surprising. But let's not go there, this post isn't about that.)

I wish Keanu had done a movie with Postlethwaite, so that I could tie this into Keanu Monday in some way. (Which of course I intend to continue in 2011.) Instead I think I will just leave you with this.

From Brassed Off. If you haven't seen that movie, seriously, you MUST.

1 comment:

Paz said...

A brilliant actor, He played Giuseppe Conlon who died in prison an innocent man and who shared a cell with his son. It was the most moving thing I have ever seen, Gerry Conlon said that Pete had played his father so well it put a shiver down his spine.
Speilberg said he was the greatest actor he had ever seen.