Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thoughts on Gjøvik

I've been to Gjøvik this weekend, visiting friends ... it's a town a couple of hours from Oslo and I have friends there that I really should have visited long ago. But better late than never. :-) A couple of thoughts.

First, that I am SO glad that I'm not a Postcrosser at Gjøvik. I took the chance to do some postcard shopping there, but sheesh, there's hardly anything at all. There's a Norli branch in the mall - CC Vest - and they had a few, but tucked away almost out of sight. Then a few at NotaBene and a few at Narvesen. But very few, like four different ones. And some were the same so altogether I got like ten different cards from the town ... and nothing from other 'obvious' places in Oppland. So weird. Hardly anything from around the country either. Nothing from any of the common postcard series you see everywhere around here. A disappointment, alas. :-(

But I did find something else at the mall that put a smile on my face. Check this out, is this fantastic or what. :-D

1 comment:

Leisha Camden said...

Good ideas are universal ... :-)