Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weirdness on the streetcar

So, I had dinner at Calyx and N's place tonight ... K seemed to really like her birthday present - fair trade toys from Friends, go check out our selection if you need a present for a child. :-) On the streetcar back downtown I was listening to music and not really paying attention, but glancing around at one point I noticed an older man who seemed to be having trouble punching his ticket correctly. I'm not sure how old he was, but maybe around 60 ... ? We were at one of the stops and he had a ticket (or at least a piece of paper) in his hand and was sort of leaning over the little machine that punches the paper tickets, and he was trying to get it punched, but apparently having trouble. Another passenger, she was sitting in the seat just behind the machine, got up and ... my eyes may have been deceiving me, but I would be willing to bet money that she showed him how to punch the ticket properly. She put her hand towards the machine and said something to him and then he did get the ticket punched. At first I thought she was his wife, just because they were about the same age and they talked to each other and seemed friendly. I thought he was going to sit down in the seat in front of her. But no.

That guy was the driver. o_O After punching his ticket, or whatever it was, he got back behind the wheel, or whatever steering device streetcars have, and we drove off.

WTF?

6 comments:

Paz said...

remember if you cant see the nutcase on the bus....it might be you :P

Leisha Camden said...

Well, it wasn't me tonight! :-D

Paz said...

Tonight only... so what nights your turn.
I am mad only on the second tuesday of months not ending in Y and only for 16 minutes in the afternoon, again only happens if my bare feet are on the ground. Surprisingly ot happens more often than you'd think

Leisha Camden said...

I can picture it vividly.

Paz said...

What me dancing in purple lingerie in a tiara to cajun music not a sight you want to imagine vividly, I have to take pills to forget

Leisha Camden said...

I think that's what you call a brain virus ... o_O