Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm an immoral woman.

I know, hardly a surprise. ;-)

Your morality is 0% in line with that of the bible.

Damn you heathen! Your book learnin' has done warped your mind. You shall not be invited next time I sacrifice a goat.

Do You Have Biblical Morals?
Take More Quizzes

I took this fun quiz that fellow blogger Gunnar, of unfiltered perception fame, posted on his blog today. He has no morals either!! What a world we live in. If you take the test, post your results in the comments, I'd love to see just how morally warped my readers are. ;-)

The site, GoToQuiz.com, has this to say about the quiz:

If you did poorly on this quiz (and I hope you did), it is because our morality does NOT come from the bible. If the bible were the source of morality, then there would be no basis to reject portions of it. Simply put, this book of Bronze Age myths reflects the superstitions of cruel and ignorant people that lived in a cruel and ignorant time, and has no place in an enlightened society.

So true!! I'd like to add some thoughts of my own - that it is in fact possible to disprove with logic the claim of many fundie xians that morality comes from the bible and without a faith in the word of god, one has no morality. This claim is incorrect - morality comes from a force within ourselves, our consciences, and the fundies prove this themselves through their own actions. After all, nobody actually believes that people should be put to death for eating shellfish. And yet there are those who will tell you that people should be, perhaps not killed, but at least ostracized and shunned, for having gay sex. (That only applies to men, of course. Women don't matter ... unless they're hot, in which case it's generally OK. >:-) Why follow the one precept and not the other? Why disregard the word of god, why pick and choose from among his rules & regulations?? Because morality does not come from the bible or from any other book. It comes from within us ... us as individuals, and us as a species. It's sad to think how many people genuinely don't have enough faith in themselves to grasp that, and have instead replaced that with faith in an imaginary friend.

Take the quiz, I hope you're immoral too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud to say that I am 100% immoral! Thanks for the quiz, I'm putting it on my blog, too :)

Leisha Camden said...

LOL, I knew you would be!! :-D