Thursday, February 5, 2009

Picture of the month - January 2009

Today's post: the result of a brilliant idea I had either very late last night or very early this morning. The chain of events is blurred in my mind. Doesn't matter anyway. Here's my big idea. I take a lot of pictures. Because ... playing around with cameras is fun. :-) This past month, since I've been on Flickr, I've become even more interested in it. Starting now, every month I will post my one favorite photo out of every picture I've taken in the previous month. I'm not saying these will be my best pictures. A lot of them probably will, but that's not the point. The point is that they'll be the ones I like the best. For whatever reason. I may not even be able to tell you why I like them exactly. That's the case with my selection for January. I can't really tell you why, but I'm just so happy with this shot. :-)

I took it as we were standing in line to get into Rockefeller for the Katzenjammer concert on January 23rd. Rockefeller Music Club ... and we were almost first in line, so we were standing almost underneath the marquee. There was a wind blowing and the city lights in the sky. :-)

Click to enlarge, why don't you. :-)

5 comments:

Paz said...

Great Idea Madam, BTW on ESC an unrelated topic Glen Hansard and Marketa Iglova(Oscar music winners last year) have entered a song in the ESC for Ireland sometime in feb

Anonymous said...

Keep them coming - this was a great picture capturing the lightening effect in a great way.

Btw: Your other Flickr pics are very good too - keep up the good work :-)

Leisha Camden said...

Paz: thanks for the compliment and for the info. I will certainly be keeping my eye on these fascinating developments ... !! ;-)

Renny: thank you! I've definitely got more coming, both on Flickr and here. :-) This picture I was particularly happy with partly because of the light and partly because of the motion it captures. And it was a good moment, waiting to get in to see a concert that I knew would be great. :-) Thanks for stopping by!!

Anonymous said...

Cool photo - no doubt at all that it was windy :)

Leisha Camden said...

It was ... but where we were standing it was quite sheltered. We were standing up against the wall by the entrance. But it was cool to see the wind caught in my photo like this. :-)