Wednesday, December 17, 2008

GERMANY 2007: Roger Cicero - Frauen regier'n die Welt

Another one of those days when I have zero energy and will resort to just posting an old ESC entry. My excuse, if I'd needed one, is that I have a head cold and feel like shit ... achy head, a lot of allergy-like symptoms which we don't need to go into, and what feels like a slight fever. So ... energy level low. Creativity down. Saved by the ESC!

This is the German entry from 2007. This year they sent a piece of shit, but in Helsinki they absolutely kicked ass. Of course they did badly - placed 19th in the finals, and even that was probably only due to their status as one of the Big Four, because unfortunately I don't think this song would have gotten through from the semi. I loved it, I think this is a fantastic song (in ESC terms ;-) and I listen to it a lot. Seriously, I do. :-) But it's not the type of song to do well in the contest. Unfortunately. It's the genre, it's the performance, it's the fact that it was in German (which I think is fantastic) ... it's just generally the whole thing. But it's a wonderful song and IMO it was great to see an entry like this. More proof that the contest is indeed branching out and embracing more and more types of music. :-)

This is Frauen regier'n die Welt by Matthias Hass and Frank Ramond, performed by Roger Cicero competing for Germany.



The title means ' women rule the world'. :-) Lyrics with translation here.

3 comments:

Ubesvart said...

Sorry! If you had been a little older, you would never have mentioned this one. Because then you would have remembered Germany in 1979 and 1981 :-)

Leisha Camden said...

I question your logic. It is faulty. This is a post about the fact that I like this song. You allege that if I had been older, I would not have liked it (this can be inferred from your first statement). How does that follow? Faulty logic. The fact is that if I had been older, I would probably have been more likely to like this song, not less, since it's a rather oldfashioned song.

Paz said...

sorry to hear about the cold, could be worse see this to make you smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EElqrgk4N0
and on the german songs while your on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6GX8gOwgc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1tkspU5yw
get better soon