Wednesday, December 3, 2008

'Män som hatar kvinnor'

I went to the movies with Anne Ida tonight (review coming up, sooner or later), and before the movie started, after a gadzillion commercials (yawn) they showed not one, not two, but three trailers. Yay. :-) One of them was the one I'd mainly been hoping for ;-), the other was the new Guy Ritchie movie (will most likely not be seeing this ...) but the third ... !!! OMFG!! The third was this:



ZOMFG!!

Here, I'll translate:
February 27th, 2009
The movie that millions are waiting for
Based on the bestselling novel in the Nordic countries*
Stieg Larsson's
Men Who Hate Women
[oh, OK: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo]
The journalist
The billionaire
The lawyer
The hacker
A movie by Niels Arden Oplev
In theatres February 27th, 2009
Men Who Hate Women [The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo]

But the one we saw said something like 'coming this March' or something. AUUGH!! How am I supposed to wait till March??! I am soo psyched about this movie ... ! I loved the book, all three books in fact, I could hardly put them down, and I think the movie, while of course there's always a chance that it may suck, may quite possibly be absolutely fantastic. Certainly the casting of Michael Nyquist as the male lead Mikael Blomkvist :-D is ... perfect. He is perfect for that part. He's also a wonderfully talented actor. I cannot wait to see him as Micke Blomkvist. I know nothing about Noomi Rapace who has been given the staggering task of bringing that supremely unlikely heroine Lisbeth Salander to life. She was in Labyrint, which is on TV here now, but to be honest, I started watching that, but after a couple of episodes it just couldn't hold my interest. So in fact I don't even know which character she played. :-) But that's all to the good IMO. I'll have a completely open mind. :-) Lena Endre as Erika Berger I really cannot picture. She seems wrong for that part. Too ... motherly. But ... open mind, open mind. And I am quite distracted from her by the fact that they have cast Sven-Bertil Taube as Henrik Vanger ... !! :-D

I posted back in August about the first teaser trailer for this movie, which I thought completely sucked. Basically. But this full trailer I think is great. It works ... and not just for those who are already familiar with the story from the books. This one I like. And I love the fact that they never show Lisbeth's face. V. good move. I like. :-)

The book has been published in a number of languages. The trilogy altogether has sold something like five million copies. And these are Swedish books set in Sweden. It's actually pretty amazing. The books are fantastic and you, dear reader, if you enjoy a good thriller, an exciting mystery with unusual characters, an extremely convincing setting, a book that will pull you in and keep you turning pages till you just find out this next bit ... ! You guys just have got to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Read it, you'll love it. :-)

And to end with some griping and cursing: I don't know who makes the commercials for Oslo City (huge mall in downtown Oslo) but they should be fired and then tarred & feathered. All Oslo City commercials and ads are completely stupid and meaningless. Growl. >:-(

*the bestselling novel in any & all the Nordic countries; 'the North', as we call it, collectively.

10 comments:

Paz said...

do you not think its ironic that you use "OMFG" and "ZOMFG" a bit ??

Leisha Camden said...

I know, it is!! I comfort myself with the thought that at least it's disrespectful and a clear violation of the third commandment.

Paz said...

and god is F"£king, OMFG ;), (thats the first notion I had when I heard that expression)

Anonymous said...

Eh, only according to some opinions. ;)

Paz said...

there was a dumb guy that worked with me and when someone said the God was Omnipotent, he had a moment like joey in friends and said "so he cant have sex?" :),same guy thought a black comedy was a film with Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock, that was a ZOMFG moment. Definitly make one lean towards Eugenics >:-O

Leisha Camden said...

I think I've said it before, but here it is again: The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits ... >:-)

Paz said...

The limitations I am well aware of..... ;P

Findabair said...

That does look very promising! I'm also very excited about that film - and more than a little scared. They cannot possibly match the book!

Paz said...

YAY, findabair, after 7 comments you finally address the content of the post :), damn Irish steering us of course ;)

Leisha Camden said...

Findabair is handy to have around, isn't she. ;-)

Of course the movie can't ever be as good as the book, that is, it can perhaps be as good in a different way ... ? If it's an independent creation that stands on its own two feet, and doesn't 'lean' on the book ... if you know what I mean.

I think - hope! - it'll be awesome, anyway. :-)