Monday, December 22, 2008

Two fantastic movies

Wow.

I just got back from seeing Max Manus. I'm going to write a real review later, but I just have to say, while it's still fresh in my memory, that it was a fantastic experience. I loved it, it was wonderful, it completely lived up to my expectations in pretty much every way. The best Norwegian movie ever made. Best movie I've seen all year, hands down, no contest. Fantastic, a masterpiece. Me so happy!!! :-D Anne Ida loved it too, so it wasn't just me. ;-)

Before the movie started - and although I could hardly wait, I was still very happy to catch this - we got to see something else which was exciting for me, but not for Anne Ida since she hasn't read the books (you must! you must!! they really are as good as everybody says). Yet another trailer for Män som hatar kvinnor. Ooh ... ! I found it on youtube, it looks pretty damn good - more of Lisbeth this time, and I for one am pretty happy with what I'm seeing. :-)



My translation:
NORDIC FILM PRESENTS
-I should probably warn you that Lisbeth is rather a ... special girl. But don't get the wrong idea about her, she's our very best researcher.
NOOMI RAPACE
-What can you tell me about Blomkvist?
-Mikael Blomkvist, also known as Kalle Blomkvist, a nickname he got after figuring out some bank robberies in the eighties; since then he's been a public figure with few secrets.
MICHAEL NYQVIST
-Well, you don't know my family. You don't know what they're capable of. One of those people ... killed Harriet.
A FILM BY NIELS ARDEN OPLEV
-So you're going to work for big business now?
-Who are you?
-I need your help. You're working as a professional hacker. How much do you know about what I'm working on now?
-A forty year old murder of a sixteen year old girl.
-If there is even the slightest problem with you, Lisbeth, I'll make sure you're locked up for the rest of your life. Because I know everything about your mental problems and your violent background.
BASED ON THE BIGGEST BEST SELLER IN THE NORDIC COUNTRIES
-But there's nothing to find here, there are no answers!
-Everyone's got secrets.
-You're only making matters worse by coming here with your little strumpet!
-Who do you suspect?
-No one. Everyone.
STIEG LARSSON'S
MEN WHO HATE WOMEN [The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo]
-You know everything about me ... and I don't know squat about you.
-Yeah ... that's how it is.
IN THEATERS FEBRUARY 27TH, 2009

In closing, I would like to make a prediction. We'll have to wait till ... I think it's August ... ? to find out if I'm right. But here it is.

'This year's Amanda award for best performance by an actor in a leading role goes to ... Aksel Hennie for Max Manus.'

Now let's just wait and see. In the meantime, do not miss this movie!! :-)

2 comments:

Paz said...

lets hope the Max Manus is going to be shown in Ireland

Leisha Camden said...

It's already been sold to several countries, so why not?? :-)