Friday, October 17, 2008

Non-illustrated update

No pictures this time, I'm sorry!! Even though we've taken SO MANY PICTURES ... ! :-o Really an insane number of pictures. But I'm writing this in a back street internet cafe in Aswan, and I can't seem to get anything to photobucket on this computer ... and since I don't feel up to experimenting a whole lot with this old jalopy I think I'm going to have to leave it till next time.

I'm still alive, anyway. :-)

Actually we're doing very well - no one has gotten sick yet ;-) and nothing else has gone wrong either. So fingers crossed that our luck will keep for the next week as well. We're being very well taken care of so I don't see why it shouldn't. :-)

Brief update: we've spent a couple of days in Cairo, as you've seen ;-) and we then flew on to Luxor, where we spent the day before boarding our cruise ship, the M/S L'aube Du Nile, in the afternoon. It's sailed, if that's the word I want, down to where we are now, in Aswan, stopping for some sightseeing on the way. Apart from that, we've been spending our time either eating, sunning ourselves on the sundeck and swimming in the pool there, or sitting in our airconditioned cabin watching the Nile glide by. Pretty sweet. Here in Aswan we've seen a lot of interesting sights too, and tomorrow has been set aside for a trip to Abu Simbel before the ship returns to Luxor, where we will stay for three days, and then fly back to Cairo for one more day there. So we've got quite a schedule to keep. :-)

I've got untold numbers of fantastic pictures to post, so those of you who have been asking for them, you'll get it. You will definitely get it. ;-) I can't wait to see them all on a computer screen.

But now I have to get back to my sunbed, so till next time, take care, everyone! Oh, one more thing: I was going to post on my birthday, which was on Tuesday, but I didn't get the chance to. My birthday was on October 14th, anyway. I am now 32 years old. In EGYPT!! Woo-hoo!!! :-D

7 comments:

Jenkis said...

Happy birthday!! and happy vacations too ^_^

Paz said...

belated happy birthday, seems your enjoying yourself, have fun

Anonymous said...

Egypt is the place to turn 32! Glad the trip is fab. And thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself! Am of course madly envious of your well-deserved holiday, and looking forward to seeing Egypt second-hand through your photos when you get home :)

Rose Johnston said...

Ohhhhh Im so jealous!!!! How id love to visit Egypt!!! Cant wait to see all the photos!!!! Happy belated birthday! Enjoy your time and travel home safely!!
Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, and I'm glad it's going well!

Leisha Camden said...

Thanks, everyone!! Great to hear from all of you. :-)