Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SNOW!!

Oh noes!! :-o

I woke up to an unpleasant surprise this morning - the winter's first snowfall. But it isn't winter yet, it's still October ... !! :-( Blech. I am not amused. kccat, I know you're looking forward to snow in your part of the world ;-) but I personally am not really a fan. At least not at this time of year. :-( Snow is for Christmas, not for October ... !!

Of course, as always, the first snowfall has created absolute havoc in the nation's capital. Never fails. :-) Kind of fun to watch actually, when you're not caught up in it yourself. As I was walking to the subway this morning, I was quite entertained by the sight of the main road that runs right by the station - normally you'll see a few cars just zipping by there at that time of the morning. But today the whole road was packed with cars as far as the eye could see, moving v e r y ... s l o w l y. The subway, on the other hand, was right on time. Suckers!! :-D

It's a really yucky snow though, heavy and wet. Not a lot of it, about half an inch when I went to work. But that's two hours ago and it's been snowing steadily since, so who knows what it looks like out there now. :-) This is actually really not so great for us, because we (= my parents and me) will be driving up to Alvdal on Thursday afternoon/evening, for the funeral, which is on Friday, and this is lousy driving weather. Coincidentally, on the news yesterday or the day before they were actually saying that drivers in the Oslo area should put on their winter tires asap ... and I thought about texting my father to remind him about that, but I didn't get around to it. And then this morning ... oops. I hope he does have the winter tires on the car - it would be a really awkward time to get in an accident. :-o

I wanted to take a picture of the snow-covered football field next to my house, but every single memory card I own (and even one I've only borrowed) is completely full. Imagine that. ;-) Maybe later ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whaddaya mean, "Oh noes"? This is lovely! Tiddelibom! :-D

Leisha Camden said...

I'll comment, but only to say: no comment ...

;-)

Paz said...

I will swap the rain here in Ireland for, You can take pictures for me I will go to flea markets for you :P

Fifty K said...

We actually got a little bit here too today in my part of the world. At my house we only got a dusting but the further north I went to work the more snow was on the ground. Yippeee. My co-worker actually had enough snow to have a snowball fight with her husband this morning.

Every couple years we usually get snow before Halloween. I guess this is the year. The east coast got slammed with a huge storm in the last several days. I'm jealous.

Leisha Camden said...

Paz, that sounds like a raw deal ... but I'm not sure for whom ... ;-)

kccat: I'm glad someone's enjoying their snow!! :-) Keep your hopes up, maybe a snow storm will hit Ohio too before long! ;-)

KAS: Tiddelibom, that's easy for you to say - I bet you wouldn't be quite so cheerful if you'd been an hour late to work this morning because your bus had gotten stuck somewhere ... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Not a snow fan either (*). Hell, I'm not a fan of cold weather. I'm a spring/summer person. Which is probably why I'm like those norther birds - I fly south for the winter... ;)

(*) : It DOES look pretty. It's cool. And so right around xmas. I definitely prefer show to rain when it comes to those winter months. But... only for a limited time.

Leisha Camden said...

Limited time only, definitely ... !

I know you don't like the cold, that's why I got you a special Christmas present from Egypt ... ;-)