Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quote of the Week

Now I respect all the differences between the major religions, and the minor ones too. I had my own religious crisis a couple of years ago. I was in a hotel room, very very drunk, eating a chocolate jesus as I was trying to pick between religions. Protestantism, C of E I've never really been that attracted to because it seems to be mainly based on tea. Catholicism obviously has much more drama built in, you know, there's robes and a guy and candles and weird lighting and a child and wine ... STUFF'S GONNA HAPPEN! Speaking as one of the few of my peer group who wasn't abused! I used to think there was something wrong with me ... I'd turn up at school in hot pants. So I respect all the differences but I would say that if you believe in any of it you're a moron, because it really is just people talking about their imaginary friend. I don't mind that, whatever gets you off, but some of them are world leaders which does give you pause for thought.
Dylan Moran

5 comments:

Paz said...

I read a comment on another post an intelligent, handsome sounding chap writing about this :D,
Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey are 2 of the cleverest comedians on the go

Leisha Camden said...

Yeah, I thought you'd like this one. ;-)

Paz said...

check out his interview in Norwegian TV on youtube ;)

Leisha Camden said...

I didn't know he'd done one. I'll check it out, thanks for the tip!

Leisha Camden said...

I didn't know he'd done one. I'll check it out, thanks for the tip!