Monday, January 26, 2009

Some ESC news

On Saturday, January 17th, Azerbaijan chose their representative for Moscow -09: Aysel Teymurzade, selected by a professional committee and with no input from the general public. So that'll be interesting. :-) Now all they have to do is pick a song ...

Switzerland will be represented by a group called (I kind of like this name) the Lovebugs. :-D They've been playing together for 16 years and have released 10 albums, so they know what they're doing, at least. The song is still a secret, so whether that'll be any good remains to be seen. Their song last year was fantastic, even though they didn't get very far with it.

Here in Norway, we held our first quarter-final this weekend - I haven't seen the show yet (egads!!) but I will ... hmm ... tonight, and then of course will share my thoughts with the world. My hopes are not high.

2 comments:

Paz said...

I can sleep again, great news that Azerbaijan chose their representative for Moscow -09, it had me worried :D

Leisha Camden said...

I'm so happy I could set your mind at rest! :-D