Sunday, April 18, 2010

MOLDOVA 2010 - Run Away

OK, did I say yesterday that I didn't know what to think about the Icelandic entry? Maybe I should take that back. I really don't know what to think about the Moldovan entry ... o_O

One thing I guess I like about it is that even if they're doing the violin thing too - who isn't this year, and no prizes for guessing why - they're trying to be original about it. I mean, it's awful, but points for effort.

This song is totally not to my taste, it's not my kind of music at all. But if it was, I'm thinking that I still wouldn't like it. It's annoying more than anything. Repetitive and annoying. The singer isn't very good, she's out of breath after like two minutes. Hearing this, I certainly do want to run away ... >:-)

Kudos for trying something new, I guess, but I can't imagine this entry doing at all well. Who's going to like it? If they're doing the same thing they did last year, I'm afraid these kids are going to have to scrounge up the money for their own return flights.

This is the Sunstroke Project and Olia Tira performing Run Away by Anton Ragoza, Sergei Stepanov and Alina Galetskaya, who will be competing for Moldova on May 25th. Never to be seen again, probably.



Lyrics here.

5 comments:

pipsa said...

Where was modulation?! There just cannot be a eurotrash pop song at ESC without a proper modulation! Well, I can somehow imagine Germany giving this 8 points...

Leisha Camden said...

Yeah, I can see this getting some points from Germany ... they are a little confused ESC-wise, aren't they. :-D

pipsa said...

Oh I think they're altogether confused music-wise. Just take a look at how much David Hasselhoff's records are selling in the country...

Leisha Camden said...

Brr, don't remind me ... o_O

pipsa said...

I KNEW there was something a bit too familiar but just couldn't quite put my finger on it until I heard this one again... http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=v2gRSTofDsk&feature=related