Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why am I watching this?

I'm watching this stupid thing on TV and it's so annoying and I really don't know why I'm watching it. Especially since, and I'm ashamed to say it, this is the third episode. I know, what's wrong with me?? >:-(

Anyway ... it's this new reality show, Lisa goes to Hollywood. It's about the singer/actress Lisa Stokke - the original Sophie in Mamma Mia! - supposedly trying to make it big in Hollywood. NRK's been following her around with a camera crew while she's been living there for ... three months, I think, trying to find her big break. I know, give me a break. The whole setup is so annoying. She is so impressed with everything, it's like she's thirteen years old, I don't know what's wrong with her. Or is there something wrong with me? o_O It's like everything she sees and everything that happens is so incredibly exciting to her, when to me it's just beyond boring and stupid ... like OMG that's Arnold Schwarzenegger's house!! Squee!! OMG I'm getting my new amazing head shots!! Squee!! OMG I'm going to see a play and there's some guy in it who's been in like five episodes of 24 and OMG OMG OMG!! Squee!! I mean, it's just exhausting to watch it, and it's so stupid. Why does she care about this stuff? Why does anyone care? And why am I watching it??

I should probably stop. This show is marginally better though, than those really infernally stupid ones like Swedish Hollywood Wives and whatever they're all called ... I've watched like one half episode of those just to see what it's about, since they're so much in the media and people are talking about them. I want to know what stuff like that's about so I can diss it with authority. But it's really pretty much unbearable to watch it. I don't understand why they care about all this shit, and they are SO full of themselves ... at least Stokke isn't quite there yet. If she does turn into one of them I hope I will not still be watching at that point. Give me strength ...

But one more thing, now that I'm talking about crap on TV. These shows that I've been talking about now, they just annoy me. And I annoy myself by watching them. But one show that I seriously am starting to hate, and I have no idea why I'm watching it, is Lost. Jesus Christ on a crutch how I loathe that show. I curse the day I ever started watching it. Don't get me wrong, the first season was good ... and that was when I thought I guess I'm just going to watch this show till it ends, whenever that turns out to be. It'll be interesting to see how they work this all out. Oh, the folly of my youth ... !!

Yeah, that was six seasons ago and now these goddamn bastards are still beating this dead horse. I hate this show so much now and I don't know why I can't stop watching it. It's not like I care about the plot or about any of the characters. I hope the ending is that the whole island explodes and kills off the lot of them. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I think I know why it is though. It's because they said that they had it all figured out, the ending and everything, and the show wasn't open-ended like most American TV shows that just run till the producers can't squeeze another penny out of the advertisers. So that appealed to me. But it was lies, all lies!! I will never trust anyone again.

Tomorrow night's another episode. When will this torture end!!

3 comments:

Paz said...

Its like the circus freaks you know you shouldn't look and stare but you cant help it

KAS said...

I gave up Lost after season 2 and haven't watched any of these Hollywood reality shows (those shows really really really don't appeal to me... ), so... I don't know why you are watching this. :-) You must be insane. :-)

Leisha Camden said...

Audi, good point ... and yeah, I must be insane. But now I see the light and the end of the tunnel, there's less than ten episodes left of this circus freak car wreck thing ...