Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RUSSIA 2010 - Lost and Forgotten

How the mighty have fallen ... !!

Just last year we all gathered in Moscow to celebrate Russia's victory with a song that, although it's not for everyone (but what song is?), is still quality craftsmanship on some level. Two years after their long-anticipated win, we get ... Golly. I give up. I don't really know what this is.

What are you doing, man?
I'm looking at her photos.
What should I do with them?
Drop them into the fire.

This is one of those songs that really, really ought to have been in Russian. I don't want to know this shit. The singer has this whining voice that's just so annoying and also, look at his face ... doesn't it look like he's had a tiny stroke? Should he even be on a stage, he may need medical attention. o_O And the piano, the guitar ... the quasi-religious lyrics ... there are just all these weird elements that do come together into a whole, but ... ouch, my brain ...

The audience reaction is weird as well, it's like they're at a religious meeting. A revival. I don't want to know what the rest of the Russian lineup was like this year. Ouchie.

Well, don't let me poison your minds ... let Peter Nalitch & Friends do it for you. Peter wrote and composed the song himself. Yes, Peter needs some kind of help. In the absence of which he will be competing with Lost and Forgotten in Telenor Arena on Tuesday, May 25th.



Lyrics here, if you don't value your sanity.

In other news, guess what happened on this very day four years ago. :-) That's when I got Raphael. I can't believe it's been four years! Aw, when we first met he didn't like me, I tried to hold him, but he constantly squirmed away from me and went to his then owner every time. :-( Didn't at all like this strange new twolegs. I hope he likes me now, a little bit. ;-)

Here he is on his first outing this year, the Sunday before last, when it was incredibly warm here. He went digging in the dead leaves along the hedge, so he got a faceful of dirt. Even his nose is full of it. :-D

Here's to many more years of chelonian happy. :-)

3 comments:

pipsa said...

I know when our ESC party is going to have their toilet breaks...

Paz said...

:P it justifies my thoughts on the whole ESC thingy :D

Leisha Camden said...

pipsa, lol!! Some songs stand out like that, don't they? ;-)

Paz, you probably shouldn't have seen that video ... ;-)

Audi, I know, isn't he the cutest??! :-D