Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FINLAND 2006: Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah

Rock 'n' roll angels, bring that hard rock hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
Rock 'n' roll angels, bring that hard rock hallelujah
In God's creation, supernatural high

After writing all that endless trivia about this song on Sunday, I could hardly avoid posting the thing itself now. :-) And I hardly have anything to write in this post since I already said pretty much everything. :-D This is Lordi performing the highest scoring ESC entry ever, the winner in Athens in 2006 with a record-breaking 292 points ... the song was written and composed by the band's lead singer Mr Lordi who competed for Finland with his very entertaining Hard Rock Hallelujah.

The first time I ever heard this song I didn't have high hopes for it ... I saw the official video, which IMO isn't all that. Not very original. You can see it here if you want. To be honest, at that time I didn't think they'd make it through the semi. But when I saw them on stage ... wow. That was a whole other story. This is a very professional band and they give their audiences a hell of a show. As soon as I saw them in the semi on May 18th I had no doubt whatsoever that they'd make it. I think I even voted for them. I know I did in the final. Go monsters!! :-D

Lyrics here.

2 comments:

Gealach said...

I voted for them, I really liked them! It was fun to hear something a little different from the usual ESC-songs...

Leisha Camden said...

I know, wasn't it?? The more different types of music we get, the more fun the show is, too. :-) I voted for them too. That song absolutely rocks. :-)