Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Nordic Ark, July 12th 2008. Part Fifteen

Some more frogs and things from the reptile house. Again: do not trust me on these ...

These I'm sure about. :-) Green and black poison dart frog (Dendrobates auratus). The Ark had two that we saw, but there may have been more that we didn't spot. Poison dart frogs are so weird, they hardly even look like real animals, more like plastic toys almost ... :-)

This one I'm sure about too. An Amazon Milk Frog (Trachycephalus resinifictrix). I think this must be an adult specimen. It looks so sad ... ! :-)

Lots and lots and lots of tadpoles!! There were lots more than this, even. I think they are - maybe - Rana ridibunda.

There is a frog, or is it a toad, in this picture. Seriously. I can see it, can you?? ;-)

Some lizard thing. I don't dare to venture a guess.

(Photo credit: top two: KAS; bottom three: me)

No comments: