Sunday, May 1, 2011

GREECE 2011 - Watch My Dance

I'm sure a lot of people will agree that Greece really rocked last year. I wasn't too fond of that entry to begin with, but after seeing them live a few times and listening to the song, ahem, a lot of times ;-) I ended up really liking it. They really put in a great effort last year. So the question was how they would follow up on that this year. Would it be something equally catchy?

No.

I'm not actively trying to repeat myself, but what is the deal with all this rap? Seriously, this is the Greek entry. Where the hell does rap come into it? And also again with the dumbass stage name. And the incredibly stupid lyrics. STFU!!

The song is far from all bad. That is actually the worst of it, they've ruined what could have been a perfectly good song. I like the mix of two languages, which has become quite a trend over the past few years. I also like the parts of this song that aren't rap; those parts are actually quite melodious, and the ethnic sound that they've managed to give it sounds really good. In those parts. The rest of it is just annoying trash. So they've basically managed to destroy their own song. Almost kind of impressive. o_O

This is Loukas Giorkas featuring - I kid you not - Stereo Mike. They are schizophrenically performing Watch My Dance by Giannis Christodoulopoulos and Eleana Vrahali. They will be competing for Greece on Tuesday, May 10th. They are going on stage last, so the first semi will be ending on a low note. >:-)


Widescreen here.

Lyrics with translation here.

1 comment:

Lenna said...

Really bad choice. The competing songs were much better than this! Greece produces quite decent music, so I don't really know how we ended up with this one...:-(