Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some ESC predictions, semifinal 1

OMG OMG OMG ... !! I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! :-D OMG half an hour to go!! Be still, my heart.

Yup, the show's about to start ... about 35 minutes to wait, I'm almost beside myself. :-) Of course I will be blogging the whole thing live. But I thought I'd start it off with some predictions. Or guesses, whichever. It's always so much fun to compare what you think before the show with how it all turns out after. I love it. :-) But let's see.

Order listed is not significant.

Some entries I'm absolutely sure will get through:
Hungary
Azerbaijan
Russia

Some that I'm pretty sure will get through:
Norway - here's hoping ;-)
Armenia
Serbia
Finland
Poland
Turkey

Some that I'm sure don't stand a chance:
Portugal (good riddance)
Albania
San Marino

Some that I don't have high hopes for:
Croatia (although it'll depend a lot on Daria's performance)
Switzerland (not because the song isn't really good, but because Switzerland is cursed)

The rest could go either way. Iceland will quite possibly get through, it's a real feelgood song and if people have heard the back story of that entry they'll get some sympathy votes. Georgia - it'll depend a lot on the performance. Malta - not at all unlikely. Same with Greece. Lithuania I'm not that optimistic about. But we'll see. Nobody knows. That's what makes it so much fun. :-)

Basically I'll be happy if only Serbia and Hungary get through. Of course I'm really hoping we will too. Portugal is the only one I really want to get rid of. And I have to say that I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the results tonight. ;-)

No comments: