... remember these points the next time an online debate looks tempting.
- If you say anything about correlates of race you must hate a race.
- If you say anything about genetic correlates of success you are a social Darwinist.
- Any general claim about human behavior is an absolute law without exception unless it includes qualifiers like "tends" or "often."
- If you quote someone you agree with everything they've said.
- If you say you prefer option A to option B, you also prefer A to any option C.
- If you say anything nice (or critical) about anything associated with a group or person you are presumed to support (or oppose) them overall.
- If you say anything nice (or critical) about anything associated with an idea or claim you are presumed to support (or oppose) it and related ideas overall.
- If you worry that more A will cost too much of B, you don't care about A at all.
- If you dislike a proposed solution to a certain problem, you don't care about that problem.
- If you oppose one end of a continuum, you support the other end.
- If you approve of a decision you approve of the actual outcome, and vice versa.
- If you think A causes B, you think A is necessary for B.
- Any opinion you express is a strongly and confidently held opinion.
- If you criticize someone about something, you say you are immune to such criticism.
Shamelessly stolen from this blog ...
... which I discovered through this blog.
7 hours ago