Saturday, May 2, 2009

SERBIA 2009: Marko Kon & Milan Nikolić - Cipela

The Serbians are tackling the ESC Portuguese style and sticking to their own language, something that I appreciate tremendously. More nations should do what they're doing. Serbia has only been competing as Serbia for three years (this is the third) and the very first time they tried, they won. :-) Very well-deservedly so, I might add. :-) 1999 was the first year that all nations were allowed to use whichever language they chose ... since then no song had won that had not been entirely or mostly in English. Until the Serbians came along. So yay for them, totally.

In -07 and -08 they sent beautiful ballads - this year they've gone in another direction. :-) The first time I heard this song I didn't know what to think, and didn't like it too much ... but it really grows on me and now I like it a lot. It's a good song, it has a good rhythm ... it's fun, and I like the performance. The guys are professional and the presentation of the song is entertaining. Check out the lyrics too, they're kind of fun. :-) I like this song and I wish them the very best of luck.

This is Marko Kon and Milan Nikolić performing Cipela, which they wrote themselves along with Aleksandar Milanović Kobac. They'll be competing for Serbia as #4 on May 14th. I think I may vote for them, I like this song better and better the more I hear it. :-)



Lyrics here.

4 comments:

nona35 said...

This is soooo funny!!!
I really like it but I'm not sure it'll go well in Moscow.
Hope it does. Serbia is one of my favourite ESC countries!
Good luck Serbia!!!!!

Leisha Camden said...

Yeah, it may bomb, just because it's too weird. :-D But a lot of young viewers I think will like it. Like you said, it's so funny. :-) I hope they do well, I really appreciate this kind of effort in the contest. :-)

nona35 said...

Check the rehearsal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix3KEBzG0e0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eesctoday%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Fread%2F13887&feature=player_embedded

Leisha Camden said...

I thought they put on a good show. But I guess it was just too weird for most of the audience. :-(