Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ARMENIA 2009: Inga & Anush - Jan jan

The first time I heard this song I didn't like it at all. I thought it was amateurish, badly performed, the singing wasn't good and the whole thing was just ... third world. It made me think, sheesh, this is what they're sending?? This was the best they had?? I really didn't like the song and I thought that it just ... wouldn't have a chance.

But then I saw the official video. WOW!! :-D It made my opinion do a total turnaround. I really like the video. And I like the song so much better, too. It is performed so much more professionally in the video, the melody comes through and you can tell that the song actually has a good rhythm. I like the singers too now. :-) The song has elements of folk music and mingles them well with a more modern beat; that should appeal to a big part of the audience. The video is fun ... which bodes well for the stage performance. I'm really looking forward to seeing this entry. This will be Armenia's 4th year competing ... they have done well every time so far, and I'm sure they will this year too. One day the ESC will be going to Yerevan. :-)

This is Inga and Anush Arshakyan performing Jan jan, with music and lyrics by Mane Hakobyan, Vardan Zadoyan and Avet Barseghyan who will be competing for Armenia in 6th place on May 12th. Yay. :-)

From the national contest:

The official video:

Lyrics here.

2 comments:

nona35 said...

Oh, I just love Armenia's entry this year!!!!! Hope this song enters the final, I think it deserves it!

Leisha Camden said...

Yeah, this song rocks. :-) I'm sure they will get to the final if they perform it well in the semi. I hope to see them there, they totally deserve it. :-)