Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring flowers 2009, part 2

Yay ... !!!!

As I was walking to the bus stop this afternoon, guess what I saw ... ! Yes - coltsfoot! Happy happy! :-D Spring is here, spring is totally here now. The only way is up, etc. :-D There weren't a lot of them, but there were some ... I think maybe seven. :-) I was walking along Brobekk Road towards the bus stop when I spotted something out of the corner of my eye ... something that might have been some bits of trash but ... I went over for a closer look and it wasn't trash, far from it. It was my favorite spring flower. Aww. I just love how these little plants pop up the way they do, in the middle of nowhere, with everything grey and dreary around them ... and suddenly there they are, bright as little suns. Me so happy ... !! :-D

This is not a joke. :-)

8 comments:

Paz said...

it is nice to see them

Leisha Camden said...

It is, I love them. Do you have them in Ireland?

Paz said...

similar, the dandelion or Løvetann, in Ireland also known as 'Pissybeds', where if you pick them you will wet your bed that night!
I will post some pics for you later

Leisha Camden said...

Do that, and we'll see what's what here ... in this country coltsfoot (hestehow) and dandelion (løvetann) are two different flowers ... so which one makes Irish people piss their beds, I wonder!! LOL!! :-D

Paz said...

løvetann according to old wifes tales make kids piss their beds, I will post later and try and find out the history. the coltsfoot looks quite simalar from the pic you posted, I know next to nothing about flowers :(

Leisha Camden said...

You're lucky - this is the perfect season to learn about flowers. :-)

Here's one bit of book larnin' that I know I'll never forget: The coltsfoot's Latin name is Tussilago farfara.

:-)

KAS said...

...and it rules!

How very lovely. Haven't seen any more out here (Kjeller) yet, but any time now, I'm sure!

Leisha Camden said...

Yeah, literally any time now. I just got your text message saying you'd seen some by your bus stop too. :-D

Yay!!!