Sunday, April 19, 2009

LITHUANIA 2009: Sasha Son – Love

This is one of those songs that really make you understand why the old ESC rules were better at least when it came to the language question ... because, seriously, the English lyrics to this song pretty much ruin my enjoyment of it. If you really love the love you say you love, really love/then surely that love would love/then surely that love would love to love you back. I mean, it's just ... just ... what? I so wish this could have been in Lithuanian, because I really would have preferred to not understand any of that.

Other than that, though, it's a pretty good song. A bit too boring to get very far, IMO, but still. A good melody, and he has a good enough voice - plus being young & cute never hurt anyone, although he's not my cup of tea ... There's nothing wrong with this entry in and of itself, I just think it doesn't have enough personality, enough of ... a hook, or whatever ... to really make its mark. There are too many more unusual entries this year that will probably overshadow it. It's OK but not much more. If only I couldn't understand the lyrics, this might become a song I'd quite enjoy over time. But I don't think I'll be voting for it, alas. Even though I could, because they're in the same semi as us.

So, this is Sasha Son performing his own composition, Love - he'll be competing for Lithuania on May 14th, going on stage as #14.

Weird video. If they're trying to say something, I don't get what it is.



Lyrics here.

2 comments:

nona35 said...

This is not bad but I keep forgeting it after a while and then I remember "it's the song with the love-love-love word".
I read somewhere you can hear it 55times!!!
It could go well though!
Good luck Lithuania!

Leisha Camden said...

lol!! I didn't like this song much, in fact less and less the more I heard it. It didn't deserve to get to the final IMO, and I'm glad it came last. >:-)