Saturday, September 27, 2008

I've got a new camera!!! :-D

Yay ... !! :-D

Don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but my camera's kind of crap. ;-) Especially when it comes to filming - it can only film for either 60 seconds, or, as I recently discovered, 180 seconds at a really shitty quality. The battery also isn't too good anymore and without decent lighting the camera seriously struggles sometimes. Other than that I'm really happy with it. :-) It is a good camera, I do like it, but it is four years old now, and, well, a lot of people I know are taking much better pictures than I am. :-( And pretty soon something awesomely cool will happen for which I really want to have a really good camera. So. Time to shop.

I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to get ... but I was in favor of something from Canon. While hanging out with KAS and trilltrall yesterday I was strongly urged to consider the new Canon Ixus. KAS' little sister has it and it's fantastic, apparently. :-) I don't know a lot about cameras ... or about stores that sell cameras ... but I had decided I would definitely buy a camera this weekend. And guess what, for once I was really lucky. My fellow blogger Gunnar Tjomlid is in Oslo this weekend - for a concert with some people I never heard about - and he'd offered to take me out for coffee. (Read: hot chocolate. ;-) I immediately decided to exploit the situation since I suspected that he knows way more about cameras than I do. And I was so right. We met up today and he took me to a great store that I'd never heard about but which had good prices on cameras and a really good selection. I picked a Canon Ixus 970 IS. It's supposed to be really good. It is, as far as I can tell. :-) I also got an 8GB memory card, so I guess I have years ahead of me now before I ever need to worry about camera memory again. ;-)

Have shopped, am satisfied!!

This is the first picture I ever took with the new camera. So far also the only, but I promise you it won't be the last. ;-) It's one of the chandeliers in the Winter Garden section of the Library Bar at Hotel Bristol, in which we had our coffee & hot chocolate. And a very pleasant conversation for a few hours, before I had to leave for my board game night and he to hang out with teenage girls in their hotel room. ;-)

Hey, I gotta start somewhere.

Thanks for helping, Gunnar!! I hope you'll have a good stay, it was great to meet up. :-)

Sorry about the hanging out with teens comment, but I just couldn't control myself. I hope it's a kind of syndrome, that would be cool. ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeeeyyyy.... that's just mean :-(

Oh well, you're forgiven. I had an OK time with a couple of drunk teens who I didn't exploit in any way. I'm a perfect gentleman, y'know.

Enjoy your new camera ;-)

Leisha Camden said...

I'm not mean, I'm just drawn that way ...

Exploit the drunken teenagers!? GASP! The thought never even occurred to me ... !! :-o

I'm already having fun with the new camera - turtle video coming up ... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, Bristol! We should get free hot chocolate there, for all the new customers we bring to the place. I brought my friend Knut there yesterday, and he was in awe.

Glad you had a good time, and congrats with your new camera!

Leisha Camden said...

You're right, we definitely should. Especially since everyone we bring there loves the place - we have a 100% average so far. :-)

New cameras are all the rage! ;-)