Friday, September 19, 2008

More movies I'm psyched about seeing

Tomas Alfredson: Låt den rätte komma in
This one has GOT to be good. I don't see how it can be anything other than fantastic. The book it's based on is a complete masterpiece, I love it. What a story! What an idea! So original, so fascinating, so convincing. The movie has already won some award, at the Tribeca festival. I am more than psyched about this one. :-)
Fortunately it won't be long till I do get to see it - hopefully on Sunday. :-) It doesn't open here for a while yet, but on Sunday there will be a preview screening as part of a one-day book festival that the Norwegian Book Clubs are hosting. And guess where. On the roof of the Opera. :-) First movie screening ever on the Opera roof - it'll be worth going just for the setting.
But I think the movie will be fantastic. :-)

Rønning/Sandberg: Max Manus
Everybody's psyched about this one! :-D The poster looks so incredibly cool, I don't know what it is, but it is soo striking and well designed. I've got to see the movie. I haven't read Manus' autobiography (although I have it lying around) but obviously his story has everything it needs to become a kickass movie if it's done right. And I think it has been.
I wish I could have been downtown and seen the swastika flag raised on the Parliament building, the day they shot that. :-o

Henry Selick: Coraline
Because it's Neil Gaiman, so it may be really really really good. I've read the book and liked it a lot. It has the potential to become a wonderful movie. And considering just what this director has achieved in the past, well ... my hopes are high.

Bryan Bertino: The Strangers
Just because the poster looks so totally cool. I know hardly anything about this movie other than that. I am so shallow.

Jesper W Nielsen: I et speil i en gåte
Not on the top of my list, but I still definitely want to see it. I loved the author of the book this is based on, Jostein Gaarder, in my mid-teens. This book, when I read it years ago, was rather poetic. I suspect the religious tone of the story will not appeal to me much now. But I think it may be a thought-provoking story all the same.

Uli Edel: Der Baader-Meinhof komplex
Because the topic's very interesting - and timely, unfortunately. Because the book it's based on is supposed to be fantastic. And because I've heard such good things about it. Not that I trust the reviews, generally. But all good, nothing bad ... that oughta mean something.

Scott Derrickson: The Day the Earth Stood Still
I know I already mentioned this one, but ... it's Keanu, look ...

Mmm, Keanu ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Låt den rätte komma in is showing on Sunday, huh? Guess that's one thing I'll not be doing on my birthday ;) Enjoy - and let me know what I miss out on by refusing to see it!

Leisha Camden said...

It's Anéa and I that are going. Notice how I specifically did not invite you ... ;-)

You'll get a full report, though, don't worry!! :-D

Zaina Marie said...

Hi, nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by my page. I hope to get to know you better by reading your blog. Have a wonderful day!!

Leisha Camden said...

Thanks & the same to you too! :-)