Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bulgaria, Denmark, Georgia, Hungary

Bulgaria:
This is seriously cool. I love that they've gone out on a limb with a new genre like this. And the song is really good.
I like this a lot and I think they have a chance of doing really well this year. I hope and believe we'll see this on Saturday.
Regardless of the results, this song will be playing constantly all over Sunny Beach all summer ... ;-)

Denmark:
Hm, they've changed the opening ... so that it doesn't sound so much like that other song. Imagine that.
Meh, again. It's catchy and all that, but it doesn't do much for me personally. And I'm not convinced that it will for many others, either.
The presentation seems rather oldfashioned to me. Not sure this will appeal to a lot of people.

Georgia:
When the singer is blind, you'd think someone would offer to help her pick out a dress ...
A good voice, and her heart is certainly in it.
The song is not at all bad - if only I couldn't understand the lyrics, it would be so much better.
Not digging this presentation though ... starting to get a bit too obvious for my taste.
Maybe, maybe not. I think it can go either way for this song.

Hungary:
A wonderful voice.
Less wonderful outfit ...
And I wish I couldn't understand the lyrics! It's a lovely melody. The more I hear it, the better I like it. If Poland could get through, this certainly should make it too.
OK presentation, except her dress or whatever that thing is that she's wearing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And I wish I couldn't understand the lyrics!"
LOL!!! But that was in English! I mean isn't it?
I've heard on youtube version in Hungarian and it was OK. But tonight it was in English ... or not?

Leisha Camden said...

Yeah, it was in English. I just wish they'd been in Hungarian, because while the melody is beautiful, the lyrics are so cliched that they ruin it a little bit for me. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I thought you wrote that you DIDN'T understand lyrics.
OK now it makes sense; sorry

Leisha Camden said...

:-D