Thursday, May 15, 2008

SAN MARINO: Miodio - Complice

The world's fifth smallest state makes its ESC debut this year. Go, San Marino! :-D I love seeing new countries joining the show. Even when they're itty bitty... : -)

This band claim to be doing angry punk or something like that. What?! This is just a poppy ballad. It's nice to hear some Italian in the contest, when they could have gone for English, but ... punk it ain't. Even I can tell that. And the video looks really cheap.

The singer isn't very good, but the band as a whole I guess is OK. (Except their name! :-=) I kind of like the song a little. Compared to what I've heard so far. But a ballad doesn't win after a ballad, so they obviously don't know what they're doing.

It's an OK EMO pop/rock song, but it won't do very well, I think. Too slow and takes too long to get anywhere ... to the extent that it ever does.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MoFXOct3nU

No comments: