Sunday, May 18, 2008

Well, I talked to her ...

... and she didn't sound good. The nurse I talked to at first wanted to know when I'd last talked to her and then warned me that she wasn't quite herself. And she did sound rather slow and strange. And she wasn't sure what day it was, she wanted to know if I was at work, which of course I'm not, it's a Sunday. :-(

She did know who I was immediately, though. And she told me that my cousin was there yesterday, she remembered to mention that. Apparently she forgot it when she talked to my mother before. My mother is upset, she's going to drive up there this afternoon or tomorrow. I almost wish I was going too ... although I really don't want to see my grandmother in the hospital like that, it'd be so sad. I do want to see her, but not like that. That's how I'm feeling, though I know it's pretty selfish.

I'm not at all optimistic right now. But at least I got to talk to her, and tell her I love her and that I'm thinking of her. And she was happy to hear from me. Now I'm really just hoping ... :-(

No comments: