Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Something to look forward to ...

In ten minutes I'm off to see Street Kings. It'll only be the second time I've seen it. (But it won't be the last. ;-)

I enjoyed it the first time; no way did it deserve the mediocre reviews it got in this country. We'll see how I like it now, when I already know the story. Well, it doesn't matter really, as long as Keanu's in it, I'm game.

Oy vey ...

;-)

Later:

Well, it's not his best, but it's all in all pretty good. As in, not too bad. :-) You've got to take it for what it is. It's not a very deep story ... it's entertaining, and I guess it may be relatively realistic in that life in the LAPD is probably pretty shitty at times. I think Keanu does a pretty good job in this. Not his best work, but far from his worst. IMO Street Kings is a movie that's worth seeing if you like that type of movie (or if you just like Keanu ;-) or Forest Whitaker). It'll entertain you while you're watching it, but it probably won't make any really lasting impression.

Unless of course you plan to watch it fifteen times ...

;-)

Anéa liked it too, she thought it was entertaining ... despite, alas, the rotten subtitling. That sucked. But it wasn't a total loss - it ended up quite inspiring us ...

No comments: